Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ecrion Licensing > FAQ
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: XF Designer:  "One or more Expert licenses needed"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XF Designer: "One or more Expert licenses needed"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
justinw View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote justinw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XF Designer: "One or more Expert licenses needed"
    Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
Q:  I recently upgraded my XF Designer application to the latest version.  After doing so, I'm receiving an error that states, "One or more Expert licenses are needed".  There is only one version available online.  What should I do?

A:  That is correct, there is only one version available as of 2011.  Ecrion had previously provided two versions requiring different licenses (Professional and Expert).  However, this structure has been phased out, and there is now only one version of the XF Designer (formerly known as the Expert Edition).  The resulting error message indicates that you had previously possessed a "Professional Edition" license and this will not work with the newest version.  We are understanding in this structure change, and you should contact your account representative directly to upgrade your license at no cost if maintenance and support is up to date.  

If you should not know who to contact, you can always email support@ecrion.com and provide your account name.  We will direct you accordingly to the correct individual to assist you.

Edited by justinw - 09 Mar 2012 at 2:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply