Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Rendering Server > Knowledge Database
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Templates/Web Service on Linux XF Rendering Server
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Templates/Web Service on Linux XF Rendering Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
justinw View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote justinw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Templates/Web Service on Linux XF Rendering Server
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:29pm

Q:  I have installed XF Rendering Server on Linux. I want to do functional tests. Can I send XML by HTTP (POST, etc.)?

A:  Yes. In addition to XF Rendering Server, you will also need to install the XF Web Service. There are several sample SOAP requests installed with the webservice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q:  I want to send template by HTTP.  Can I use server templates on Linux?

A:  Server Templates can be used on Linux. They just must be configured. See instructions below.

Installing a server template on Linux: 

In XF Ultrascale, a template with the additional resources needed like images, xfc components or other templates are groupped into Server Applications. 

In order to create a ServerApplication please follow the steps bellow: 

1) Go to /opt/Ecrion/Common/Ecrion/ServerTemplates 

2) Create a folder ServerApplicationSample. Copy here your template and the additional resources needed (images, components etc). Lets say that the template name is SampleTemplate.xfd. 

3) Create a file Application.config and paste the following lines: 

AllowTo=Guest;

This line will enable acces for this application to Guest account. The Guest account is enabled by default. 

4)  Restart the service with 

/etc/init.d/ultrascaled restart 

command. 

5) You can now use the server template using the following servertemplate id:

ServerApplicationSample:SampleTemplate.xfd

To test that this is working use Render.exe with the following command line (in /opt/Ecrion/XFUltrascale/Bin) 

./Render -xml xmlfile -parameters:servertemplateid=ServerApplicationSample:SampleTemplate.xfd 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q:  Do I need to install the XF Web Service or can I send requests directly to Rendering Server?

A:  The XF Web Service enables users to call XF remotely using HTTP. But if the use of HTTP is not mandatory, then you should be able to use direct calls to a remote  rendering engine via Java /C#/CPP clients.

Q:  How can I make requests directly to the Server?

A:  XFUltrascale runs as a Windows Service (on Windows platforms) or a Daemon (on Linux platforms). In order to make requests to XFUltrascale, you can use C++, Java, or .NET client API. Additionally, the XFUltrascale setup comes with some tools (Render.exe, URender.NET.exe, UCommandCenter, JURender) to make these requests. The protocol used to communicate directly to the server is a custom protocol.

Q:  How can I get the WSDL  for the XF Web Service?

A:  You can access the WSDL by using the following URL: 

http://127.0.0.1/ecrion/services/xfws?wsdl 

or

http://127.0.0.1:8080/ecrion/services/xfws?wsdl 

(depending on the port - the standard default HTTP port is 80). 

Edited by admin - 28 Aug 2012 at 7:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply