Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Designer > FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repeating table field question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
anthonydarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote anthonydarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repeating table field question
    Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 7:02pm
I have a table that contains invoice line item detail and some of the items have additional description information with them.  The columns I have are Item, Description, Qty, Price and Extension.  Whenever additional descriptions are included with the item, I simply add them to the Description field and blank out the other fields in the row.  HOWEVER, XF Designer purges out the blank fields and brings the next row up.

I hope I am describing this right...I basically want the repeating table to print everything I give it in the XML source files, whether there are spaces in the fields or not.  How can I make this happen?

Thanks!
radup View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Adminstrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote radup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 4:19am
Hi anthonydarden,

This can be done easily in XF Designer. More information about using repeating tables see here: http://www.ecrion.com/Temp/HelpCache/XFDesigner1/framed_repeated_tables.htm
Also check the following tutorial about using repeating tables: http://www.ecrion.com/Help/Products/XFDesigner/Resources/Basic3-RepeatingTable.htm

Regards, 
Radu

anthonydarden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote anthonydarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 7:57am
Thanks for getting back to me...I checked out both of the links and I still don't see where I can specify the behavior? Is this a property of the table or do I have to modify the code itself?  Thanks
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 10:14pm
Please email your XML and template to support@ecrion.com and we'll troubleshoot.
 Post Reply Post Reply