Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Rendering Server > Generic Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reader Extended PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
mihail_sk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mihail_sk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reader Extended PDF
    Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:37am
Hi Guys,

Is "Reader Extended PDF" supported output format for the Rendering Server. This format allows the PDF documents to be digitally signed with the free version of Adobe Reader X.

Regards
Mihail
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:41am
Yes. The PDFs must be signed with a special key installed in the Management Console.
mihail_sk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mihail_sk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:17am
Thanks for the fast reply!

I already checked this option and I can generate PDF files that are signed (even used xf:signature property to do that) However what I want is to create an unsigned PDF file which I can sign later using the free version of Adobe Reader X. For that to work the file should be a special format - "Reader Extended PDF" and the only way I managed to generate that type of file till now is with Adobe Reader Pro. Is it possible do to so with the XF Rendering server or is there a script or a plugin which I can use as an addon to do that?

Regards
Mihail
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:35am
The mechanism to create a PDF similar with Acrobat Reader Pro requires a special certificate from Adobe. You cannot use a self-signed certificate or even a certificate issued by another third party.

Please contact sales@ecrion.com if you are interested in obtaining such certificate.  
 Post Reply Post Reply