FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving licenses to a new machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
justinw View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote justinw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving licenses to a new machine
    Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 10:22am
Q:  I have an Ecrion license for XF Desginer, and I want to move this to a new machine.  Do I need Ecrion's assistance to accomplish this?

A:  Certainly not.  As a matter of fact, the proper way to accomplish this is to use the License Administrator.  

1.  Go to the start menu in Windows.
2.  Go to "All Programs".
3.  Under XF Designer, there should be an option for "License Administrator", select that.
4.  Select the desired license you wish to move, and choose "Uninstall" (follow on screen instructions to proceed and this will communicate with our servers to 'free' the license for your use elsewhere).  
5.  On your other machine, install the Designer application, and follow the same steps listed above, but select "Install" (NOTE:  be sure to have your proper license key available for this step).  

NOTE:  Ecrion can free your license for you.  However, each license has a limit of 3 releases, and this should only be used for machine failure or other circumstances where the above process cannot be utilized.

Edited by justinw - 27 Apr 2012 at 10:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply