Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Designer > Licensing Q&A
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Issue in activating the license

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
vijju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vijju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue in activating the license
    Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:06am
Hi Suppor team,

We have succesfully installed Ecrion XF Designer 2011 Expert editon on a machine in INDIA.

We are facing a problem while activaiting the license. We suspected that this might be a firewall issue which is blocking our network to get connected to Ecrion Server.

Then we came to know from our Ecrion support friends that we need to adjust our firewall settings to : 208.109.178.199 (Which is Ecrion's Server)

But, my doubt is, when i am enter the above IP address in the address bar of IE on my machine with internet access, i can see Ecrion Site opens up.

Does this mean, there is no firewall issue from our network here ? If YES, could you please let us know what might be blocking us from activating the license.

Thanks in advance,

radup View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Adminstrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote radup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:24am
The license administrator makes an http request to this IP in order to activate the license.
I think you need to add 80 port to the firewall exceptions. 
vijju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vijju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:36am
Thanks for the quick reply.

But as i mentioned earlier, i am able to browse open the Ecrion Site on my machine. (I am posting this Question from my machine itself.)

In this case, is it necessary to open port 80 as well?

Let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks !!!!
radup View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Adminstrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote radup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:53am
I think the all requests made by your browser are allowed in firewall.
You need to open this port or add a rule to allow all connections of the license administrator.
vijju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vijju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:06am
URGENT PLS !!!

This is the error i was getting while trying to connect to the Ecrion Server to register the license:

Online Activation - License Administrator 4.0
--------------------------------------------------------
The Server reported the following error:
The Server response is invalid: {0}.

Please Suggest !!!

Thanks
vijju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vijju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 5:19am
Offline Installation solved our problem. Thanks :)
 Post Reply Post Reply