FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fonts are not showing up as expected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
sara View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fonts are not showing up as expected
    Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:13pm
Q. My font is installed on my computer, but the wrong font is output in my document. What could be happening?

A. Here are some of the things you can do to debug font issues. First, make sure the font name is spelled correctly. For example, "ORCB" may really be "ORC B" (with a space). You can bring up fonts in the control panel of your computer, double click on the font name, and use the name provided after the "font name" section. You need to spell it exactly as it appears. If the font is installed correctly, try stopping and starting the service. It that doesn't work, then you can try rebooting the computer (sometimes there is a MS Windows font caching problem and this helps). Finally, you can enable logging and send us the log file to help debug.

If you are using the server products, make sure that the font is installed on the server and not just the client. For Windows, the font file should be copied to the Fonts folder in the Control Panel.

Edited by sara - 14 Sep 2010 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply