Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Designer > Generic Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Different footer in the last page, but not so much
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different footer in the last page, but not so much

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Alex75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different footer in the last page, but not so much
    Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 6:45am
Hi,
I have this need for a template: I need all the page have the same header (ok), I need the last page to have a footer with a table completed with values (ok), but I need also all the page but the last one to have in the footer the same table like in the last page, but without the values inside.
I used the regions and the advises in another topic here in the forum and I managed to have my table with value in the footer of the last page, but only "nothing" in the footer of the other pages.
I don't manage to copy the full table in the "all other pages" layout so I can delete the values inside.
Is it possible or the only chance is to create from scratch the table in the "all other pages" layout?

Hope it was clear enough.
Thank you very much

Alesssandro
gabig View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote gabig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 12:12pm
You could use an fo:marker with the value, place it at the very end of the document and have the footer retrieve that marker. All the tables will be empty except the last one.
Alex75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 7:09am

Thank you for your help, but could you give me some more details about this procedure? It's not because your info is not clear, it's because I'm quite a newbie with the tool ... Embarrassed

What exactly needs to be inserted in the end of the document and how I can have the footer retrieve the marker?

Thank you very much for your help!

Alessandro
gabig View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote gabig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 7:22am
Alessandro,

Markers do take a bit to get used to, that's for sure. You can email support to ask for a full sample and they will send you one. Alternatively, you can just stick to the easier way of reusing the table code. If this isn't code you're planning to change very often, it's quite alright to use two table instances, one empty and one populated with content.

Regards,
Gabi
 Post Reply Post Reply