Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ecrion Digital Assembly Line (DAL) > Generic Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DAL with web service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
davecpayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAL with web service
    Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 6:01am
Hi,

I am using DAL to create documents with inputs consisting of both XSL:FO and PDF, to receive a PDF output.

I have this working successfully through the URun task, but for my production environment I need to create the PDF through the UWS webservice.

I have a working UWS instance, which I can send a single .fo file to, and get a PDF back, but when I try to send a .dal file to it, I get the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Server exception occurred: Cannot find element fo:root.
   at Ecrion.Ultrascale.Engine.render(Stream inputStream, Stream outputStream, RenderingParameters parameters)
   at Ecrion.Ultrascale.Engine.Render(Stream inputStream, Stream outputStream, RenderingParameters parameters)
   at Ultrascale.Render(Byte[] inputDocument, RenderingParameters parameters)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

How can I process a DAL file through the UWS web service?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 9:04am
Please email support for a new build that will have this added ability.
waterday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote waterday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 3:01am
Can't you just convert DAL to FO? And then get your PDF from it? There must be some possibility to do that.
davecpayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecpayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 3:30am
I don't think so. This was a while ago so I'm not certain, but from memory there's no way to convert from a PDF (which is what's in the DAL) back to XSL:FO, at least, not via XF.

As promised above, support sent me a new build that had the necessary functionality - if you're having the same problem, I'd suggest sending them an email.
 Post Reply Post Reply