Ecrion Software Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > XF Designer > Generic Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conditional Sections display mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Temp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditional Sections display mode
    Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 4:26pm
Hi,

Is there any way to change display of Conditional Sections in design mode like it was in XF Designer 2010 v8.0 and previous versions?

Now when I open template with Conditional Sections I don't really know where are they untill I move coursor inside one of them. This makes really difficult to find where they are. In XF Designer till 2010 v8.0 they was visible by default with bright lilly background, with their conditions at the left side. When coursor was inside section, background colour was changed to dark lilly.

Since XF Designer 2011 untill latest one 2012, by default Conditional Sections are invisible, untill you'll find them. This is really bad behaviour, makes latest designer useless for me as long I'm using a lot of conditions, and sometimes conditions inside conditions.

I couldn't find any option to turn it on.

Can I enable old good behaviour or maybe this is impossible with XF Designer 2012?
Or maybe this will be changed in future?

Edited by radup - 01 Apr 2012 at 12:23pm
radup View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Adminstrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote radup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:28am
Hi Temp,

The behavior from XF Designer 2010 was improved, and it can be enabled from View Tab by clicking on "Use Side Annotations". This is placed under Show/Hide group.

Regards,
Radu
Temp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Temp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 2:19pm

Many thanks for this tip radup. Still I feel lack of old functionality, which showed whole conditional section area by default instead of single line annotation, but new way have some pros. In my opinion there should be another checkbox, to allow show sections like before by default using bright lilly background colour. Having booth possibility for old style and annotations would be the best in my opinion.

Regards,
Temp

Edited by Temp - 01 Apr 2012 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply