FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apache FOP Compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apache FOP Compatibility
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 6:04pm
Question:
Can i use the Apache FOP to convert a .fo file from your software to a PDF?
Currently I am locked with this system but I would like to use XF Designer to create the FO file.

Answer:
Yes; you can even configure XF Designer to run FOP when generating PDF. Just click the File Button, then go to Options/Rendering Engine.
When specifying the command line, you will also need to use the -r flag (for 'relaxed/less strict validation'). 
For best results you should also enable the FOPCleaner Plug-In (Options/Plugins) which remove all attributes not supported by FOP and performs additional checks.

Also, see the FOP compatibility page to know in advance what's supported and what's not: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

Edited by florinv - 06 Apr 2011 at 3:48pm
gabig View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote gabig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 11:22am
Question:
I'm using FOP programmatically. How do I set relaxed validation then?

Answer:
To use FOP programmatically you will be creating a FopFactory object. Let's say you're using the following code:

FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();

After it, simply write:

fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false);

Then, when you create your FOUserAgent object, it will have less-strict (relaxed) validation enabled.
 Post Reply Post Reply